Meet the Interns: Karla Medina
Welcome back to Familiar Faces Friday! This week, we’d like to spotlight another one of our summer interns, Karla Medina. Karla will be interning with our Community Impact Department.
- What is your name? My name is Karla Medina.
- Where do you go to school? I currently attend Knox College.
- What is your major/what year in school are you? I am an incoming senior majoring in Anthropology/Sociology with minors in Spanish and Environmental Studies.
- Where are you from? I am from North Chicago, Illinois.
- What’s your favorite restaurant/food? My favorite food is homemade Mexican Christmas food such as pozole, tamales, and ponche.
- What is something interesting that no one knows about you? Something interesting that no one at United Way knows about me is that I took a road trip to Seattle, Washington a few months ago, for a weekend conference.
- If you had to sing one karaoke song for the rest of your life, what would it be? If I had to sing one karaoke song for the rest of my life, it would be “I’m Like a Bird” by Nelly Furtado.
- What is the best movie in the world and why do you think so? I don’t think I could pick one movie in the whole world, but one of the best movies that I have watched recently is Lion. I highly recommend it!