Meet the Interns: Katherine Lechman
Welcome to another Familiar Faces Friday. Today, we’d like to introduce Katherine Lechman, one of the interns working with us this summer. Our interns and volunteers play a crucial role in the work we do. They work with many different programs, from Reading Success to Kindergarten Countdown Camp. Join us in welcoming Katherine!
- What is your name? My name is Katherine Lechman
- Where do you go to school? I go to Michigan State University
- What is your major/what year in school are you? I will be a junior in the fall and I am double majoring in Social Relations and Policy, as well as Spanish.
- Where are you from? I am from Gurnee, Illinois
- What’s your favorite restaurant/food? I love any sort of Mexican food, but I have a special place in my heart for Tamales and Horchata!
- What is something interesting that no one knows about you? Something interesting that most people don’t know about me is that I spent spring break of my freshman year at MSU volunteering and studying in Mérida, México.
- If you had to sing one karaoke song for the rest of your life, what would it be? If I had to sing one karaoke song for the rest of my life it would be Sweet Caroline by Neil Diamond.
- What is the best movie in the world and why do you think so? The best movie in the world is Silver Linings Playbook. The movie touches on all sorts of important topics such as mental illness, The American Dream, and redemption—plus you can’t beat Jennifer Lawrence’s impressive performance.