Official Raffle Rules
- The Trip Prize Raffle runs from August 22, 2016 - March 31, 2017.
- The odds of winning the prize (trip for 2 to Hilton Los Cabos Beach and Golf Resort for 4 nights) will be determined by the number of entries.
- Participants must be a United States citizen or resident alien, and at least 21 years of age on the date that the raffle is held.
- Participants can be any individual who lives or works in Lake County or surrounding areas, and meets the eligibility requirements for making qualifying financial contributions (as listed in Item 5).
- Participants can be first-time donors or existing donors, if they meet the following requirements:
- (a) First-time donors who pledge $52 or more to United Way of Lake County (UWLC), exclusive of contributions directly made to community agencies, or by designating to one or more of UWLC’s programs by donating with a valid credit card in their own name, through their Employee Giving Campaign’s payroll deduction in their own name, personal check in their own name, or cash,Or,
- (b) Existing donors who increase their annual pledge (established by their 2015 contribution) by $52 or more and designate at least $52 of that increased pledge to United Way of Lake County (UWLC), exclusive of contributions made to community agencies, or by designating to one or more of UWLC’s programs, by donating with a valid credit card in their own name, through their Employee Giving Campaign’s payroll deduction in their own name, personal check in their own name, or cash.
- All donors must provide complete contact information (name, address, phone and email) to participate in the raffle, unless prohibited by their employer when giving through payroll deduction. Anonymous donors will not be permitted.
- All participating donors that meet the qualifications defined in Items 3-6 above will be entered into a raffle. Making a donation/pledge to donate does not guarantee the donor will win.
- Only one entry per qualified donor is permitted.
- For donors whose employer matches its employees’ pledges, those matches will not be considered when determining participants’ eligible pledge amounts.
- Lapsed donors (those who did not donate/pledge in 2015) will be treated as first-time donors. (See Item 5(a).)
- Each donor’s United Way of Lake County pledge, whether electronic or paper, must be received and processed no later than March 31, 2017 at United Way of Lake County’s offices (330 S. Greenleaf St., Gurnee, IL 60031-3389) in order to be included in the drawing.
- The winning donor (the “winner”) will be selected from among the eligible donors through the process of a raffle that will be held at United Way of Lake County’s offices on April 4, 2017. The winner will be contacted to confirm their acceptance of the prize, and inform them of all requisite procedures and forms needed in writing for claiming the prize. If the first winner declines the prize, then a second winner will be selected through the same process of a raffle and notification. Following the raffle and verification of the winner’s eligibility, a public announcement of the winner’s identity will be made and posted on United Way of Lake County’s website within 21 days after the raffle.
- The winner is solely responsible for paying to United Way of Lake County all applicable taxes related to the raffle prize, including federal (25% of the Fair Market Value, FMV, of the prize) and state (3.75% of FMV), so United Way of Lake County can remit them to the IRS and the State of Illinois Department of Revenue on behalf of the winner. The prize is not transferable, not redeemable for cash and must be claimed in Illinois (United Way of Lake County, 330 S. Greenleaf St., Gurnee, IL 60031-3389).
- The winner will be required to sign a waiver/limitations of liability in favor of the sponsors, United Way of Lake County and its respective agents and employees. The winner, by accepting a prize, releases United Way of Lake County, Inc., and its respective board, committee members, volunteers, partners, vendors, agents, representatives, sponsors, service agencies and independent contractors, and each of their respective directors, officers, partners, employees and agents, including advertising, public relations, direct marketing and promotion agencies, from any and all liability with respect to participation in the promotion and possession or use of the prize awarded and also acknowledge that they did not receive any representations, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize, including but not limited to its quality and availability.
- The winner agrees to participate in any promotional activities held in conjunction with this raffle including use of his or her name and photograph in all United Way of Lake County’s and contributing sponsors’ media including, but not limited to radio, television, website, social media and print.
- Employees, members serving on any committees of United Way of Lake County (e.g. Board of Directors, Collective Impact Leadership Council, Women’s Leadership Council of United Way of Lake County, Finance Committee, etc.), and their immediate family members (e.g. spouse/partner, children, siblings, parents) are not eligible to participate.
Prize package for two (2) that includes four (4) nights of deluxe accommodations at the 4-Star Hilton Los Cabos Beach and Golf Resort in Mexico, roundtrip airfare, and ground transportation (within a 50 mile radius) to/from the Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD) and to/from the Los Cabos International Airport (SJD) to the hotel. This prize package must be used by January 31, 2018.
Black Out Dates: Hotel availability cannot be guaranteed during high-peak periods, e.g. June-August, Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, and Christmas and New Year’s Holidays.
Note: United Way of Lake County will assist the winner with the booking of their hotel accommodations once the dates are confirmed by Hilton Los Cabos Beach and Golf Resort, their ground transportation, and provide the winner with the necessary information for reserving their own flights.