Equity Challenge - January 18 - June 19, 2021
United Way of Lake County is joining our United Way colleagues across the state in the United Way of Illinois Equity Challenge, a 21-week program designed to encourage Illinois residents to engage in racial equity conversations to gain a deeper understanding about the impact systemic racism and inequity have on our state and in our local communities.
United Way of Illinois Equity Challenge details:
- 100% FREE to participate.
- Receive one email per week from Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Jan. 18, 2021 to Juneteenth on June 19, 2021.
- Spend approximately 15 minutes per week completing each challenge activity.
- Weekly topics include Understanding Privilege, Housing & Redlining, Justice System Inequities, among many others.
- Participants who complete all of the weekly challenges will receive a certificate of completion, a digital badge, and links to tips and training tools to help continue the conversation.
Learn more about the program and sign up today to join thousands of your neighbors for the United Way of Illinois Equity Challenge. United, we can help create a stronger, more equitable Illinois economy and stronger, more inclusive Illinois communities.
Wine & Learn - January 28, 2021
Women United of Lake County invites you to attend their virtual Wine & Learn on January 28, 2021 to learn how this amazing group of women mobilizes leaders and resources in Lake County, while connecting and having fun through philanthropy.
Women United is a group of over 100 women who strengthen the community through philanthropy, leadership and volunteerism. The group is flexible so women can choose their level of involvement and there is a ‘no guilt’ policy because all those attracted to Women United are generally very busy people. As donors to United Way, we lead by example to ensure that Lake County’s most vulnerable children are prepared for kindergarten and ready to succeed. Now is a great time to learn more about this fabulous group and the community-minded women who are involved.