United Way of Lake County partners with Lake County’s leading corporations through corporate and foundation grants to create a brighter future for our children and our community.
Grant funds support:
- United Way of Lake County’s early learning programs that help children develop the age-appropriate social, emotional and intellectual skills needed to begin school ready to succeed.
- United Way of Lake County 211, a free, confidential and 24/7 helpline that provides individuals streamlined access to locally available resources to address financial, domestic, health, human services or disaster-related needs.
- The Lake County COVID-19 Community Response Fund to support nonprofits on the front lines of the crisis addressing Lake County's greatest needs.
- Targeted outreach to organizations providing COVID-19 related services in the Black/African American and Hispanic/Latino communities in Lake County.
- A research and planning effort in Waukegan to ensure children can safely return to school and childcare, parents are able to return to work, and families can stay healthy during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Increased access to physical and mental health for low income communities and communities of color in Lake County.