Welcome back to Familiar Faces Friday! This week, we’d like to spotlight another one of our summer interns, Karla Medina. Karla will be interning with our Community Impact Department.
- What is your name? My name is Karla Medina.
- Where do you go to school? I currently attend Knox College.
- What is your major/what year in school are you? I am an incoming senior majoring in Anthropology/Sociology with minors in Spanish and Environmental Studies.
- Where are you from? I am from North Chicago, Illinois.
- What’s your favorite restaurant/food? My favorite food is homemade Mexican Christmas food such as pozole, tamales, and ponche.
- What is something interesting that no one knows about you? Something interesting that no one at United Way knows about me is that I took a road trip to Seattle, Washington a few months ago, for a weekend conference.
- If you had to sing one karaoke song for the rest of your life, what would it be? If I had to sing one karaoke song for the rest of my life, it would be “I’m Like a Bird” by Nelly Furtado.
- What is the best movie in the world and why do you think so? I don’t think I could pick one movie in the whole world, but one of the best movies that I have watched recently is Lion. I highly recommend it!