Today marks United Way of Lake County’s rebrand of the Women’s Leadership Council to Women United, a change initiated by United Way Worldwide to celebrate, through one brand voice, this powerful network of women.
History of Women’s Leadership Council
United Way Worldwide started the Women’s Leadership Council in 2002. The purpose was to establish a grassroots model that local United Ways could execute in their own communities to addresses local critical needs. The premise was that women leaders would speak up, unite and take action. And so they have! It has been amazingly successful with over 70,000 women in 165 local United Ways who have raised over $1.5 billion.
Rationale behind the change
United Way Worldwide (UWW) is committed to further transforming Women United’s organic growth into exponential growth by rallying the strong and passionate women leaders around a positive vision for the future.
How will our Women United adopt this new brand personality?
- We continue to inspire generations of women leaders to fight for young learners to have essential skills they need to start kindergarten ready to succeed.
- We recruit women leaders who contribute their personal passions, best ideas, and unique strengths to the mission of building stronger communities.
- We are able to create lasting change on a scale that no single individual or organization could achieve on their own.
- We tailor solutions to address the particular needs and aspirations of the community we serve.
- We are part of a network of tireless champions dedicated to creating a better life and stronger community, for everyone.
The members of Women United will continue to strengthen our Lake County community through philanthropy, leadership and volunteerism. If you are interested in learning more about Women United, register to attend an upcoming Wine & Learn prospective member event. This is a small and informal gathering for prospective members to learn more about what it means to be a member and what the Women United does. To register, email Janice.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 5, 2018, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in Libertyville
- August 21, 2018, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in Lake Forest
- December 5, 2018, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m. in Lake Forest
Click to read the latest press release announcing Women United’s name.