Join Us in Celebrating National Voter Registration Day!
United Way of Lake County is excited to participate in a national effort to engage and mobilize Americans in our political process by helping to register over a hundred thousand voters across the country on September 26, 2017, National Voter Registration Day.
First held in 2012 for that year’s presidential election, National Voter Registration Day has become a 50-state holiday where thousands of organizations and volunteers organize to ensure our family, friends, and neighbors are registered to vote.
Have you moved — even just across town — since the last election? Have you changed your name? Will you turn 18 by Election Day? Are you a newly naturalized citizen? Have you not voted in a while?
In all of these cases you may need to register or update your voter registration in order to make your voice heard at the ballot box this November. Click here or visit the participating locals below to register to vote.
- Lake County Clerk’s Office | 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Lake County Administrative Building • 18 N. County St., Waukegan, IL 60085
- Round Lake Public Library | 9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- 906 Hart Rd, Round Lake, IL 60073
- Shields Township Office | 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- 906 Muir Ave, Lake Bluff, IL 60044
- Lake Bluff Public Library | 10:00 AM – 2:00 PM
- 123 E. Scranton Ave., Lake Bluff, IL 60044
- Lake Forest City Hall | 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM
- 220 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest, IL 60045
- Lake Forest Library | 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- 360 E. Deerpath, Lake Forest, IL 60045
Why register in 2017? States, cities, counties and towns across the country have big elections this fall. Primaries for next year’s state and national elections are just a few months away. National Voter Registration Day is the perfect opportunity to get involved no matter what party you support or which issues matter most to you.